Position Title: Harvest Casuals
Location: Lock, Lock
Numbers Req'd: -
Listed Date: 01-Jul-2020
Expiry Date: 30-Oct-2020
Join the T-Ports team for 2020 Harvest!
An exciting opportunity exists for seasonal workers to join the newest storage and handling project on the Eyre Peninsula. Utilising the latest in automation and technology, T-Ports’ Lock and Lucky Bay bunker sites will be open to receive grain from October 2020.
T-Ports is offering seasonal harvest workers a great team environment, above-award and industry rates, assistance with coordinating accommodation, training and PPE.
To be considered for casual employment with us during harvest, you'll need to:
· Be available to commence work with us from September through to December
· Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, New Zealand citizen or hold a valid work visa
· Be capable and willing to work in an outdoor and shift work environment
· Be willing to undergo a company paid pre employment medical and drug screen
· Previous grain/cotton harvest/storage & handling experience is preferred but not essential
· Have a sense of enthusiasm, enjoyment and strive to offer a high level of customer service.
About the work:
Harvest employment will run from October 2020 to January 2021, depending on seasonal conditions. There are three main areas of work available at T-Ports sites:
General labouring – drive over hopper stacker operators, tarp crews
· Monitor and direct the flow of grain from trucks onto the grid and into the bunker
· Ensure a clean work area, high level of customer service and monitor machine capability.
· Lay ground sheets and place bunker tarps over the grain bunker.
· Operate equipment including, drive-over hoppers and other mobile equipment
· Provide a high level of customer service to our growers and carriers
· Operate automated grain probes to collect samples from trucks.
· Classify grain samples to ensure they meet industry quality standards.
· Data entry to validate grain quality and derive specific grades of grain.
· Maintain a neat and tidy work area
· Inspect grain to ensure it meets Australian export quality standards upon vessel loading.
All training will be provided prior to commencement to ensure you have the skills to complete the role. Successful applicants will be required to have their own transport and accommodation. Accommodation assistance may be available at Lock and Cowell.
To apply for a position please visit www.tports.com/careers
Name: T-Ports Pty Ltd
Address: Lock, South Australia
Phone: 0402 259 512