Position Title: Assistant Management Couple
Location: , Cooktown
Numbers Req'd: -
Listed Date: 24-Jan-2020
Expiry Date: 29-Feb-2020
Experienced Assistant Manager
Would you like to live and work in Historic Cooktown, Far North Qld, gateway to Cape York?
Cooktown Holiday Park (Top Parks) is looking for an experienced and motivated Assistant Manager couple for the 2020 Tourist Season. Big celebrations this year with the 250 years since Captain Cook arrived – join in on the celebrations!
· General Caravan Park reception and administration duties;
· General grounds maintenance and repairs;
· Manage risks (WH&S);
· General cleaning duties;
· Making reservations;
· Promoting and selling tours in the region;
· Working with customers and other staff to achieve company goals.
Skills and Experience
· Demonstrated good general maintenance and handyman abilities;
· A trade certificate would be desirable but is not essential;
· RMS9+ (or similar) experience (at least 1 year) and good computer skills are essential;
· A focus on providing excellent customer service, at all times;
· Flexible attitude to work and work hours;
· Effective problem solving;
· Understanding WH&S responsibilities;
· Prepared to work with the Managers/Owners to achieve short term and long term goals for the property;
· Be innovative in ideas to grow the business;
· Marketing and Sales experience would be highly desirable.
To apply for this job you must;
· Have your own caravan and be prepared to live on site;
· Be prepared to be on call at least 3 nights per week;
· Be available to work weekends, school and public holidays;
· Possess great communication and problem solving skills;
· Be confident and able to work unsupervised;
· Have excellent references from your previous employers;
· Be ready to commit to this position from April to November 2020;
This position reports to the Managers who also live on site.
Applications for this hard working and exciting opportunity are invited from Australian Citizens or residents with the right to work in Australia.
If you believe you have the right experience and skills to undertake this role, please attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter briefly addressing the selection criteria.
Please ensure you have up to date referee details on your application.
Please email application firstname.lastname@example.org